I am thrilled to post that bubbies and P's Halloween party was successful...at least in my eyes. It seemed like the kids had a ton of fun. Everytime I looked around I saw smiles and giggles...and screams, of course, so I am taking that as a sure sign of enjoyment...or quite possibly sugar overload, but none-the-less I loved seeing those adorable, candy-ridden, costume-wearing children having a good time. My friends were all so creative with their children's costumes. It was really special to see how in love all my friends are with their kids. It makes me so happy to know I have surrounded myself, my children and my husband with such wonderful people who love and respect the power of family, children and friendship. P, bubbies, hubby and I are very lucky so and so's.
On to the party. We partied outside. We had a long table set up with ghostie sandwiches, candy, cookies, mummy hotdogs, and nectar of the gods apple cider that mom, Auntie Carol, my sis-in-law and I made. My mom was dressed as Mother Goose and kept the children entertained with stories, music, and crafting. Hubby worked his butt off cleaning up the outside, setting out last minute decorations and providing great fun ideas like the rocket balloons and the "candy in the hay" hunt. I love the idea of pinatas and found one with a Halloween motif that I crammed full of eyeball ring suckers, Marvel comic candy sticks, plastic bugs and gummy bugs, and lotsa other crazy, weird candy. I figure when the kids go trick-or-treating they'll get the traditional candy bars and what not, so I wanted to make the candy interesting...not that the kids even noticed, I am sure! I had the children decorate bags with witchy, batty, ghostie and foamy stickers that they used to collect the candy in the hay and the pinata candy. I am saving that idea for next year too. We had some cooky music playing that of course included songs such as Ghostbusters, the Monster Mash and Purple People Eater.
The guest list included those people we hang out with the most (but, the people without kids didn't come because...well, uhmm..ya know? I don't know if I'd go to my friends' kid's party unless they needed me to help.) And, my incredible...I need to repeat that...incredible sister-on-law came down with my two nephews and my youngest neice and of course had thought of all the things I had forgotten without even have had a discussion. Below are some fun pics from the party - I really need to hire a photographer next time (yeah, right). I find that I am hyper about taking pics because photography interests me so much, but I can't take pictures and run a party at the same time. So, I don't have everything I wanted, but I did get GREAT memories in my camera and in my heart.












3 comments:
we had a blast! b woke up talking about it-my fav was "and i ate dirty marshmellows!" hee hee! thanks for another fun party!!
So fun! Wish we could have been there to enjoy it with you all. The costumes look great!
These pictures are fantastic fun! I hate that too about throwing parties, I can never take pictures and play hostess...too hard! But the pictures are captured in your heart! LIke you said!
Post a Comment