I seriously need to start using my iPod touch recorder....especially since that is the main reason hubby bought it for me. I want to record myself reading to the kids so they have a copy of me reading books to them or singing our favorite songs. I also want to record them singing, talking, etc. We have tapes from when my Grandma B. taped us. She had this incredible recording "studio" in her house. It was pretty advanced for the time.
She would play her favorite records and then dub in her voice so it sounded like she was singing the song. The music with her singing would be recorded on a cassette tape that we would then play in the car on our excursions to the grocery store or the pool. I used to think it was the best thing EVER. She was so awesome. Her favorite singers were Ann Margaret and Sheena Easton. damn I loved that woman.
I have a tape somewhere of me singing "Sugar Town" by Nancy Sinatra when I was 9 years old. I used to sing that song and "You Light Up My Life" for talent shows throughout school and my acting classes with Steve Anderson (who now, I believe, heads up Phoenix Theater Circle). I also LOVED the The Beatles. We sang a lot of "I Wanna Hold Your Hand."
Anyhow - vocal recordings are wonderful to listen to later in life. My cousin and I laugh our asses off at some of the stuff Grandma B. recorded us doing. I love having that memory and the audio cassettes to listen to...if I could find a cassette recorder anywhere...ha!
3 comments:
My mom recored my brother and I answering these crazy questions she kept thinking up for us. I think we were both in jr high at the time. They are SOO funny to listen to!
Such a great idea. And what is this Ipod Recorder? I must google it.
my aunt in NY used to send tapes of my cousins singing, talking etc to my grandmother down in AL. i LOVED listening to them! M & I were just talking about this!
Post a Comment