Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Canadian Honeydrops and manic desire

For the love of all things sweet and sinful, I adore Canadian Honeydrops. I generally go ga-ga over something chocolate, and whatever it is has rules: No nuts. No butterscotch. No peanut butter. AND, certainly No fruit. BUT, these honeydrops are just as the name suggests: drops of honey, and they contain No chocolate!

I was *just* introduced to them by my friend Susan who made them for Christmas. She put two cookies together with her hubby's homemade strawberry jam (dreaded the thought of eating jam in my cookie, but OMG!). It took everything inside me not to quietly take them all off the plate and hide them where noone but me could ever find them. The great thing about food is there is a recipe somewhere that is similar...or you can just ask your friend for it, which is what I did. This was me, in a craving-filled frenzy:

Give me HONEYDROPS...or at least the recipe.

I calmly asked my dear friend Susan for the recipe. She had no idea I was so full of desire for these golden little nuggets. She told me to look at the Betty Crocker website, because they are Betty Crocker old school... and it was NOT THERE. I found another link and sent the recipe to Susan. She promptly (what a good friend) replied with the link containing the recipe she used. I was so happy because I actually had all of the ingredients I would need in house - sans the shortening because I don't use it, just subbed with another stick of butter - and used my daughter's preschool Christmas party/concert for an excuse (I had to bring a dozen cookies to the event). Of course, 12 cookies made it to the Christmas party, but the rest you ask? The rest of the cookies died delicately in my mouth as I let crumbs slowly fall onto my shirt and then to the floor where the dog was allowed a wee little taste. I almost, in a very three year old way, screamed MINE. I thought better of eating crumbs of the floor, though.

Now this is me:










I bet you all want the recipe?




Well...uhmmm...okay, but you need to send me some if you make them. Use this link: http://www.recipe4living.com/recipes/canadian_honey_drops.htm


I used Lynd's Fruit Farm black raspberry jam for the filling and all butter instead of shortening. That's just how I roll....soon like a jelly doughnut if I don't stop eating these damn cookies.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You crack me up, Kirstin!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Christmas is killing me now for this very reason...or similar reasons anyways...

BoLOGna said...

LOL-your're drunk off honeydrops aren't you! drunk cookie posting is funny...