Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Race #2 was wet, but awesome!

Me with my number before the race
My official time: 32:49:00

The Snowflake 5K was awesome, though a bit wet and a bit cold. I was seriously soaked to the bones when I got home from running in the rain and through puddles. The course was through some the trails through Dublin - right off the rec center. The pathways weren't that wide, which made it difficult to pass people...and then there were the big puddles. Many times I ran around in the grass, but I more afraid of falling because of the slippery grass than biting the bullet and running through a bunch of water. Some part had slush too - kind of thew me off in regards to concentration and pacing. I think I learned that I don't mind running through the rain, but running when the rain could freeze and cause a slippery surface isn't a good idea.

Friend Bridgette - it was her first race and she beat the pants off Heather and I. Go Bridgette!!

It was so much fun to do it with friends (Bridgette and Heather look so cute all wet). We didn't stay together because we all had different paces, but we started together and then waited for each other at the finish line. Results still aren't posted, but I think I did around 34 minutes, which is awesome for me. I was hoping to run around 11.30 per mile, and I think I accomplished that. I can't wait to get my official time!

Finish line! Bridgette, Me, and Heather (@bolognas)

I think I am addicted. Looking for a 10K for spring and then quite possibly a half in August...but we'll see about that one...:)

2 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Look at YOU!

Great job, K!!

Holli said...

This is awesome!