Pages

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Life goes on...get used to it

We buried Sheilah today. Wow, did that suck. Losing someone you love just sucks; plain and simple. There is a lot I want to write that made the day wonderful...as odd as that sounds, wonderful is the word I choose.

So many people will miss Sheilah dearly. I mean if you didn't you are just a callous human being that didn't deserve the likes of her presence, but ya know, whatevah. :)

Anyhow - today sucked, but we made it through. My darling daughter was a joy. I recieved SO many compliments on how good she was during the mass and everything. Even though her diaper at the mass could have knocked a sick person down, she was awesome. My precious P rocks the house. That in itself makes me so sad because Sheilah isn't here to enjoy her as I do. At least I have the comfort of knowing she is with her Nana, mom and dad - and Anna Nicole Smith. I am sure Sheilah is getting a laugh out of that. She could have been meeting James Woods (who she dated once by the way), but no, it is booblicious Smith. And I am sure Sheilah is having a blast with that. hahahahaha. I don't think we could have wanted it any other way.

Things I want to remember about the passed few weeks:

My husband's strength. I can't imagine how difficult is was for him to say good-bye to his mother. Luckily, she live through him and through his loving baby.

Father Joe was amazing and treated our family with such love and respect. You could tell how much he loved and adored Sheilah.

The family members and friends that came to the wake and gave us supportive words and sympathy for our loss.

The hours that Nicole, Darcy, Judy, Al, Ronnie, Shane, Kelcey, Mary, Rob and Bill spent by Sheilah's side as she took her final breaths of life.

Giving Sheilah the lowdown on American Idol just days before her death. I am so lucky I got to have that conversation with her and now I will have to watch American Idol all season in honor of my beautiful lady.

Haily, Kyle and Alex being so strong as children. They were such precious angels as they sat upstairs during the course of their Nana riding the sickness wave of cancer.

Being overwhelmed with gratitude for Sheilah's jewelry. I cannot believe she left me her wedding ring and band, her watch she wore throughout her sickness and her charm bracelet. What did I do to deserve that? Just another example of Sheilah taking care of her girls - she needed to be sure they looked good.

Marianne's gracious hospitality. Marianne let us stay for two weeks in her home. She has let us just make ourselves at home and has been so comforting to talk to. I just adore her.

Running into Mary at Marshalls. She helped me pick out tops to wear for the wake and the furneral, and Peyton's outfit for the wake. She was Sheilah's best friend and is such a cool chick. I want our relationship to grow - she is another one of the good ones. I want to write her a letter to tell her how special she is...I am so happy she is surrounded by family that think the world of her.

My mom coming in to support our family. She dropped everything on Thursday to make arrangements to come to RI. She is another one of the good ones and I have her as my mother. Lucky me.

We met up with Kelcey and family at the house and Shane came out with a card. Our "Columbus Family" sent us a beautiful card that they all signed. It dropped us to our knees...well, if we were standing it would have. Our friends organized a website for donations and another friend setup PayPal to take care of getting the donations to Dana Farber. They are amazing people. Again, I am a lucky girl.

I am sure I'll more, but right now I need to feed my baby. She needs me.

No comments: