Dealing with death is never easy. Your tears are shed for a long time after a loved one passes. Little things remind you of the person you lost and what could have been. I know I keep thinking about how I need to order pictures to send to Nana, but really, I don’t. Luckily, though, there is still family in RI that misses P and would really appreciate the photos.
P has been such a wonderful distraction. I think that the depression would be worse for hubby if he didn’t have his little girl. She is truly a blessing, and some of Sheilah’s last words to me were to “take care of that baby.” She loved her granddaughter very much and wanted the best for her.
P is changing dramatically day to day. Yesterday she scooted herself to her toy basket and grabbed a bunch of toys out to play. Luckily, one of those toys was the Brown Bear book! She was going through the pages as if she was reading to herself. It was ADORable. She started at 8 months turning the pages to the books I read her. I thought it was a fluke, but she kept doing it. Now at 9 and ½ months she understands the difference between turning the pages and closing and opening the book. It is so cool to see.
She has two teeth on the bottom and I think she is teething for the top two. Time certainly flies. I sit here and hope she crawls soon, but then again I don’t want her to be mobile. It is just one less dependency she will have on mama.
We are in the process of getting her to eat finger foods and drink more than a sip of water from the sippy cup. Since she is almost 10 months I have to think about weaning her off the boob. I could keep nursing, but I really want some freedom this summer….and smaller boobs.
No comments:
Post a Comment