Some people crack me up with their babies. There are a lot of different types of mommies - and I would say most of my friends are laid back and see their children as an addition to their family. However, there are those few that try to shelter their children from every little noise, every little cold snap, every person that even remotely makes them whimper, and it drives us all entirely crazy.
We actually have friends whose first born was never seen by us until her second birthday. The parents basically acted so strangely and rudely that we didn't even want to bother coming over. Hubby was treated poorly on many occasions and that just was not suitable to my liking, so I stayed clear as to not open my big mouth and cause animosity. Let's just say there was a time when he went to his friend's house, was asked to take off his shoes..because they may squeak, and asked to go into the basement and speak at barely a whisper as not wake the sleeping baby. And, all the lights were off in the house and the wife was quietly eating her dinner IN THE DARK. hmmm...I am not one to judge, but that was a little odd to me. It seems as if we have another of "those" types of parents on our hands, too. I won't mention names, but I heard through the family grapevine that our darling little family addition may just be sheltered just like our friend's baby.
Luckily, though, the second baby came for our friends and they are 100% different, which I have to admit makes hanging around them much more tolerable. I am just hoping a second child won't need to be a reason the "others" loosen their ties a bit. Can't we all just have fun?!
Babies are meant to make us happy and other people happy. They are learning to how to "be" in this world - why shelter the crap out of them? I mean, noises happen, squeaky shoes happen and loud people happen - and babies are human and need to be exposed to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment