Wow - I had a terrific Mother's Day. Hubby and Miss P got me another year's worth of red wine from around the world. Hubby got that for me the Christmas I was pregnant with Miss P and I was so excited. I loved seeing the wine bottles pile up. Well, after Miss P was born it didn't take long for me to get through all the bottles. I am such a lush!! haha! Well, I shared a LOT and gave a few bottles away, so essentially I didn't drink all of them. Hubby said it was a gift just for me. He doesn't drink, so it really is all for me!
We had a Mother's Day brunch at the house. I made egg casserole, spinach squares, a lemon cake and fresh fruit. I got my mom a compact from her favorite store Brighton and made a pot from Miss P with her little footprints all over it. Miss P wasn't happy about getting her little feet dipped in paint, but we mustered through it and her grandma loved it.
After brunch we went to plant flowers on my grandmas' graves. I can't believe they have both been gone over 12 years. My Grandma Browning died from ovarian cancer a week before my brother's wedding in January 1993. Grandma Williams died of what they think was stroke in September 1991. Grandma Williams was leaving for Hawaii the next day, so it was totally unexpected. She had just received a clean bill of health from the doctor not a month before her passing. I remember Mary Alice saying Grandma told her she was going to paradise...well, she truly was. We just couldn't believe she went before Grandma Browning because she was so sick with cancer and Grandma Williams was so healthy. I guess you just never know. All I know is that I still miss them terribly and I wish they were here to enjoy Peyton.
They both visited me in the hospital when I had Peyton. I think everyone thinks I am crazy, but I swear they came in through the window to give a kiss to the baby and then leave. I totally smelled them both and felt them both.
Let's just say that with EVERYTHING this Mother's Day was very special.
It was hard, though, without Sheilah. We had a wake to go to on Saturday for one of Shane's clients. He couldn't make it more than 5 minutes and we left. He had a tough weekend. I think visiting her grave this summer will be very difficult, but we have to do it. Even just out of sheer respect for Sheilah - to honor what a wonderful mother and friend she was. We miss her terribly.
No comments:
Post a Comment