Pages

Monday, May 21, 2007

My angel


It is so weird to see my baby exerting her own little desires and annoyances. The whole time she was a little baby (younger than 10 months) she pretty much was easy going and let me know what she wanted, but if I couldn't understand her it was no big deal. But, that has changed. The days of mommy not understanding and being passive about it are over. Now, if I don't "get" what she is saying to me she gets mad and squeals contorting her face into a look of sheer dissatisfaction.


Miss P has officially come out of the the box of just letting the world happen and observing to making things happen for herself. She teases the dog, she hides, she scoots away from if I am about to take her favorite toy away, she points and tells me what she wants more of to eat, and she brings over the books she wants me to read to her. It is amazing. It makes me a little sad because she is definitetly not a "baby" any longer, but a baby going into toddlerhood. Luckily, she still loves when I hold her and kiss her and doesn't get mad at me if I just want to cuddle her. She is my little angel.




No comments: