Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What a pair

I was walking Miss P yesterday in the park and I went to sit on a park bench to point out the trees, the cars and the other dogs. Miss P also needed a drink of water because it was quite hot yesterday.

As I turned the stoller to face me, I looked at my darling child in her stoller and she had the hugest booger hanging out of her nose. Not only a huge booger, but her face was a mess. She had left-over food from dinner smeared on her cheek, her eye and all in her hair. I thought I had wiped her face clean, but obviously I missed a bunch of spots! I also noticed she has dirty fingernails from playing outside and because she scoots her butt was filthy! I sat there laughing thinking my goodness, no wonder that person just looked and smiled at me that smile. He must of thought mom had a rough day and just looked at the baby as proof.

The fact is, I didn't have a rough day. I meerly pulled a typical mom maneuver - missing several spots of filth on my baby's face because she's a baby, she doesn't sit still to be cleaned. She'll barely sit still for me to get the apple smear from her forehead much less cleaning her whole face. Now, I have to admit, Miss P is a good girl and very patient. Usually I do get to all the spots, but somehow they show up again and again. Almost like a trick candle that no matter how many times you blow on it, it stays lit.

To top off the filth of my daughter I smelled horrible! I knew I was sweating all day from being outside at the park with some of my mommy friends and taking our after-dinner walk, but c'mon, I showered earlier and applied deoderant TWice!

I guess we were fit to just stick together yesterday, and had a smell and a filth about us that warned off all strangers. haha!

No comments: