Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Busy, busy

When my family and friends said that toddlers are busy and I'd have my hands full I didn't really believe them. I thought that P was a pretty relaxed, laid back child....well, I was certainly wrong. I cannot keep up with her! Doing the dishes or even typing a simple email is a chore.

She is into the dog bowls dumping water all over herself (poor dogs, I can only put their dishes down when she is napping or when she goes to bed), getting into the dog food bin and throwing food all over the kitchen, digging through the trash and playing with banana peels (GROSS!), tossing the remote across the room to our brand new HDTV, trying to get the gate down to climb the stairs, going through papers or mail and ripping it apart, getting ahold of my keys and hiding while hitting the panic button so the horn goes off endlessly, calling people on my cell or logging onto the internet costing us extra money each month, going through my purse and pulling everything out - whew! and the list can go on. Now, I am sure if anyone reads this they will think, "well, why don't you watch your child?" The thing is, I AM watching her all the time, and she still gets away with all of this!!! I will literally run upstairs to pee for 2 minutes and come down to what looks like a tornado hit the house or the dogs eating who knows what.

As I write this I am laughing because I really don't mind the mess or the cleaning it up. It is actually pretty funny to see what she will get into next. She likes to chase the dogs around with things that scare them and watch them run and bark at her. It is quite amusing. Luckily, the dogs are small and they can't really hurt anything when they get all wound up. P comes over to inform me of how she is teasing the dogs and thinks she is so cute doing it.

I am looking forward to after I have the baby so I more energy to keep up with her and play with her. By then, though, I'll have two to keep up with and will have to really suck up being tired. Sounds like fun to me! ...probably torture to others. Gotta run, she's up the stairs!

No comments: