Pages

Friday, August 10, 2007

Can family really brighten your life?

Sometimes I wonder about that question because so many people have issues with their family members. Of course, as the old saying goes: "You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family." I believe that is telling us that we hang out with the people we choose to hang out with rather than people we are obliged to hang out with...hence, family members.

I think that is a little rough. But, I think part of it is that you are supposed to just accept the people who are your family whether you like it or not. That really isn't very fair, but it is the way it is. The great thing is that these people who may get under your skin or irritate the heck out of you would do anything in the world for you. Kind of strange, huh? I have friends who I just tolerate, so I don't really hang out with them. I have some family I just tolerate and I see them often.

Luckily, I pretty much like everyone in my family. They are all very loving people who think a lot of my husband, child and me. We don't really have any awful people in the horde - just some who make some dumb choices.

On a lighter note - my darling P is walking. She is my little explorer getting into everything she can. Currently, she is stuck behind the chair crying her eyes out for a little help. I better run before she hurts herself.

No comments: