I haven't figured out if she likes it or not, but Miss P's carseat got change to forward-facing this passed weekend. It makes me so sad, but I knew it was time. Everything I read said that babies need to be 20 pounds and one year old. Well, she is over one and still not 20 pounds. I spoke with my pediatrician and he said that it is not so much the weight that is concerning, it is the head control. So, technically, I could have changed her around months ago.
This is just one more step my baby is taking towards growing up...and darn if it doesn't happen fast. I mean in less than 15 months she more than doubled her height and weight, she is feeding herself, she went from scooting to walking to running, she says actual words instead of just crying and she does funny things to get a reaction. That is a TON of things to accomplish is less than a year and a half if you ask me. I mean, I didn't even get my first real promotion at work until I was there two years...and I was by no means doing something as important at learning how to talk or walk.
She is really great at playing by herself. I am very happy about this because with baby #2 coming I won't have the one-on-one time for her like I do now. I really need to take advantage of this time; however, I do not want her to get "mommy-play-hooked" and have to depend on me for her entertainment. That would be not be a good thing. Yesterday I took her to the babysitting play area at our recreation center so I could work out. I was worried she would freak out with me leaving her and being in a new place. Quite the contrary, she seemed to really like it. When I picked her up she was off by herself exploring the vast amounts of toys they provide for the kids. The other three children were screaming and crying for mommy...not my girl. She liked her independence...similar to her mommy I suppose....
No comments:
Post a Comment