Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Shoes

So, I am breaking down and buying a pair of Stride Rites. I went to my community center today and I have to have hard-soled shoes on Miss P to leave her in the playroom, so I figured I guess it is time to make the small investment in my child's feet. Now, I totally trust my pediatrician and really prefer the little moccasin-type shoes like Jack and Jill and Robeez, but they do not offer that protection if baby is walking on rocks or little toys that happen to be in their way.

I went to Stride Rite and had her fitted. It was hard finding a pair I really liked because they were all too cute, so P made the decision for me. She actually looked at a pair I hadn't even considered and made the mmm.mmm..mmm sound she makes when she wants me to hand her something. Out of all the shoes there that particular pair caught her eye and she didn't want to give the display shoe back to me. So, those are the ones we chose. The girl knows what she wants, what can I say. I went up to pay and forgot my wallet and had to put them on hold. I plan to get them today. They are super cute - a light maroon-type pink with flowers on the eyeholes. They should go with everything, even red.

I am really happy with the decision to go to Stride Rite because they knew how to measure her, how to watch her walk in them and gave me pointers on when she should wear them and when to watch for when she needs a bigger size. I would never have been able to do that on my own with this first child. Now, #2 will probably just get hand-me-downs.....hopefully...if it is another girl. Pray for me! hahah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Mom would be proud of you!