We went for our ultrasound today and found out we were going to have a little boy. What am I going to do with a boy?!
At first, the doctor thought it was a girl. But, as he measured the baby moved and the doctor caught an angle that made it very obvious it was not a girl. When he said it was a girl I was so happy because I really wanted a sister for P...of course, I would have been happy for a boy, too. Hubby was happy it was a girl for me, but when he saw that it was a boy he got really choked up and teared up a bit. It was really cool to see him that overwhelmed with joy. Hubby's first comment was that now he had someone to play videogames with....uhmmm...not sure how I feel about that.
I have to admit, I was a little disappointed but after giving it some thought I am very excited. Part of it is that I haven't even met this little soul, yet, so I don't have a connection with him. I definitely love him already because he is growing inside me and I can feel him move around. He is a mover and a shaker - I love that he makes his presence known all the time.
My friend is pulling together clothes from her little boy to send up. Thankfully, I have a friend who has boy's clothes I can use/have to get me through his first few months. I have been very fortunate with P because my cousin has two girls and has let me borrow a ton of clothes for her.
Well, I am looking forward to decorating a nursery for a boy and to think of boy names. It should be a lot of fun. I am especially excited for P to have a baby brother on the way. We are such a lucky family. I thank God everyday for the my family and the love we have for each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment