I have been hesitant to write that I was training for a half marathon because I wasn't sure I'd actually go through with it. But, I am. My first training run was 4 miles on Sunday, and last night I did 2 miles. Frontrunner has a training group that meets on Sunday mornings to do long runs together as well as get some coaching, and I decided to sign up. I made it official...the training that is, not the actual race because I have yet to register. I guess I still can't believe I am going through with it.
Making a 16 week commitment to run 13 miles seems extreme to me, but I like goals, and goals that keep me in shape and healthy are pretty good ones. I feel fortunate that my asthma allows me to run. I just shoot my wheeze before every run and I am totally fine - even in this cold weather! I have run outside when the temperature has gone down to 13 degrees and didn't have any problems.
Kind of tossing around the idea of starting a running blog so I can write about my training, and about running with exercise-induced (allergy, laughing too hard, cold air) asthma and why running has become so important to me. We'll see - perhaps I'll just keep it here.
2 comments:
Oh do...but keep it here on this blog!
awesome! You can do it! Would love to hear what running has done for you.
Post a Comment