Onto my first week...
Sundays are my long run days and the days I run with the group. Last Sunday was a 4 mile run, which I had to miss because my kids were both sick. I made it up later that day, though. My left arch had been bugging me in my new shoes, and after the 4 miles it was on fire. Monday I took the shoes in and exchanged them for new ones. Frontrunner will exchange or reimburse shoes in decent condition - I had been running in mine for a month. I learned that running shoes should NOT need to be broken in - they should fit comfortably the first day you put them on. Seems my feet like Saucony Omni 10. I overpronate and need shoes that compensate for no arch.
Tuesday I ran 2 miles when hubby got home from work. My new shoes were awesome.
Thursday I missed my 3 mile run because the kids were both sick and it was also Three Kings
Day. We made special enchiladas and Rosca De Reyes (which took ALL day). So, I ran on Friday. I only got in 2 miles because I had to run the treadmill. I call it the "dreadmill" because I really really do not like running on it. I can't get pacing, I feel claustrophobic, and I get really bored. I will have to do it though, and I am hoping the only times are when I have short runs to do. I also did the Jillian Michaels Shred workout. I am still sore from the chest flies!Saturday I ran two miles in the afternoon. It was ridiculously cold, but after about a mile the body adjusts, the breathing calms down, and you actually get hot.
Sunday I ran 5 miles with the training group. This was by far the coolest run I have done. The group was divided by time and a pacer led each pack. I started with the 11 minute pack - I was scared to go any faster b/c I wanted the distance without my lungs killing me. The run was along the bike path from Antrim to Whetstone and back. The trail was covered in snow and it was only 10 degrees. When I was finished the water cooler was frozen solid, everyone had icicles in their hair and on their face. I think Lady Gaga would have died for my eyelashes - covered in fluffy snowy ice. It wasn't snowing, but the perspiration from my face immediately was freezing to the tiny hairs on my face and around my eyes. My breathing was fine and I felt great the whole time. My mood has been remarkably calm and good all day.
2 comments:
Great job, Kristin! Sounds really cool!
Cool!! I love, love, love running. My first Half was the most amazing experience. Loved it. :) Go, girl!
Post a Comment