I believe the universe brings people together for a reason, what that reason may be, I have no idea. But, some bonds I think are meant to be stronger than others. For example, a woman pitched me via fb for my "other" blog that I keep in the public-sphere. It was for her husband's book that he co-wrote and illustrated. From that pitch, we ended up talking about health issues (she is gluten-free and I thought I had an issue with it. She gave me tons of pointers) and later ended up going to lunch a few times, brief email convos, and finally got the families together to hang out.
We have so much in common, I don't know why I didn't know her before. Her husband knows most of my hubby's friends from CCAD is an artist, we love the same type of foods, wine, live in the same area and know some of the same ladies - it is just so crazy! We also have the same astrological make up in our relationship - I'm a scorpio and so is her husband and she is a pisces like my husband. Her youngest daughter is a taurus like my girl and her other girl is a scorpio like me. Again, crazy!
Anyhow, she makes me laugh and I love that I have a new friend that is so much fun. I've been going through a difficult transition with the kids starting school and my playgroup kind of going to the wayside. The ladies I hung out with for years and thought were my good friends are now doing their own things. I totally understand, but it makes me sad.
I work hard to maintain those friendships. I always think of them when I have a get-together or parties, but I fear that will go away too. I am not feeling the reciprocation...and out of "well, I just don't hang out with them any longer" will come the day we end up parting ways forever. Smiling when we think of each other, but that will be about it. Makes me sad. So, finding someone who I like so much and is so easy to be friends with helps fill that void.
Cheers to new friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment