Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

My son is awesome.

At dinner last night we began discussing P's plans for selling Girl Scout cookies. Granted, she is 6 and mom or dad will do most of the selling, but we wanted her to lead the discussion so she felt empowered. She wants to sell 300 boxes so she can get a stuffed Golden Retriever puppy and bandana from the Girl Scout awarded prizes.

Well, we started talking about how people could donate money for the boxes of cookies instead of buying them (maybe some people were on diets or had allergies, etc.). E, in his kindest most matter-of-fact voice said, "I'll donate my money to sister. Sister I can give you money for cookies." Hubby said, "you mean, you want to buy some boxes of cookies from P?" "No," E said, "I want to donate the money because I know sister wants to get that little stuffed puppy."

I almost wept. My heart was so full of admiration for that little 4 year old boy - he's so awesome. How'd I get so lucky to have him?!

No comments: