Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Carpe Diem

My husband often asks what I do all day, so here goes:

Got P up, made her lunch, walked her to school.
E up, made him breakfast, got him dressed, met up with friend to let the kids play.
Got home, made E lunch, did the dishes, put in a load of laundry, dropped him off at preschool.
Went to P's school for Project More (reading tutor for 3 boys there).
Rushed home, went through all my stuff for the GS meeting tonight.
Picked up P, spoke with our Girl Scout leader about what I had planned, picked E up, fed the kids a snack.
Took kids to zumba at the rec center. While I waited, I read my book for book club.
Picked kids up, took home.
Made P do her homework and go through all the writing workshop stuff she wanted to share with me.
Tried to help E put stickers on his car - he was very frustrated.
Made dinner, kids did not eat.
Finished gathering stuff for Girl Scouts.
Took kids to Girl Scouts meeting and led the meeting.
Kids were starving, so I took them to McDonald's (I'm a great mom...heh)
Brought them home.
Brief convo with hubby about friend in hospital who isn't doing so hot.
In between tried to organize my blog workshop and post something to my blog page (increasing readers, and I want to keep that momentum going!)
Forgot to call mom back...well, really, I had no time.

Realized that even though my day was busy, I was so happy I had that day to spend with my children, myself, my husband...life is too short and I tried to enjoy every moment of this day. I have two friends in the hospital - one dying, one trying to recover for Crohn's....carpe diem.

No comments: