I cut off 11 inches for Locks of Love. I'd been growing it out and decided to let it grow really long so I could donate my hair. The decision was a long time in the making. My desire to do it stemmed from my cousin and brother-in-law making a donation after Sheilah passed, and I remembered how my Grandma Browning wore a wig in public because of her hair loss from cancer. When I did some research, I found information on how Locks of Love helps children suffering from cancer and hair loss (alopecia) which is what my mom had for a while when I was growing up (mild case, but it was still alarming for her). I couldn't imagine being a teenager and having no hair...at that age, appearance is so important for kids...silly, but true.
Anyhow, I did it. I am still a bit in shock. I got some great supportive responses from friends on facebook. Makes it easier to look in the mirror for now...
When I got home P cried and E told me he didn't like my hair. Oh well...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment