Miss P just had her first trip to Disney World. We went down for a week to visit Nana while she stayed in Kissimmee. Nana loves Disney World and even is a Vacation Club member. When she was feeling well she’d go to Disney two and sometimes three times a year. I can understand it because there is so much to do. Plus they keep the parks so clean and the employees are so nice. You really feel welcome and well taken care of when you are there.
My friend Kelly went down with me. She was a tremendous help. I really don’t know how women can travel alone with a baby – I guess you do what you have to do. The thing is, you don’t know how traveling by plane will effect the little one’s ears and schedule. Miss P had a major meltdown on the way down – for about three or four hours straight she screamed or whined. I felt so bad for her because I know she just wanted mommy to hold her, but I had too many things to carry and too many things to do to get us to our destination. It was awful.
BUT, she was fantastic the whole rest of trip and the flight home. She was so content at the parks watching people and looking at all of the colorful things. Disney does such a great job making the parks look magical and fun. I had to get her something from each park we went to. At the Magic Kingdom she really took to a “baby” version of Tigger, at MGM she LOVED Kermit in the Muppet Show, so I had to get her a Kermit. Then hubby went with Kelly to Epcot and got her a book from “America.” Oh, and my darling daughter rode Pirates of the Caribbean without even a whimper. I think it had a lot to do with the boys she was flirting with in line. There was a group of teenage boys behind us that thought the baby was cute and kept trying to get her to high five them. It was incredibly adorable.
The house we stayed in was at Sunset Lakes. It was a gated community and I think most of it is rental property. It is really pretty. Each house has a pool, hot tub, 4 bedrooms and 3 baths, a nice screened in back porch – and only about 7 minutes from all of Disney. We stayed with Nana and Aunt Mary. Aunt Mary was a very gracious host.
The lake behind the house had ducks and herons hanging out, and a sign told us that there were snake and alligators in there as well. Hence the screened porch everyone had. Obviously, you don’t want a visit from a one ton gator in your pool while you are trying to do your laps.
No comments:
Post a Comment