Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

This is hard.

We were in Boston for five days and have been in RI for three. We are here until Monday, Feb. 5. It is really a difficult time for the family and for Sheilah. I mean, how would you like for someone to tell you your life was going to be over in about 2 weeks...or sooner if your heart gives out on you?

Hospice came yesterday and that was the news they shared with us. We have totally switched from inhome nursing care to Hospice. The Hospice people have been incredible and don't sugarcoat anything, which is good and bad. Bad for those of us who think maybe a miracle will happen and all of the cancer will go away...and that is what we pray for everyday - and good for those who want the information to plan and to also prepare emotionally of life without her.

The thing that is so hard to comprehend is that she isn't going to get better. Sheilah is a fighter and has always gotten better. I keep thinking she will do the same thing this time...even though that isn't the case...

Hubby is really sick and is on antibiotics, Miss P is sick and I am worried about her, and I am feeling like sh*t because of my allergies and can't sleep well. It is a really hard time right now - I am putting all my efforts into taking care of P and being there for family...yet, I feel out of my mind because of allergy medicine and am probably just imagining I am doing any good at all. ha!

No comments: