Pages

Saturday, January 27, 2007

What I like to call "Sheilahisms"

Loving Disney and knowing the ins and outs of all the resorts.

"at what point in time"...insert something like "did that person think - hey, when I get up tomorrow morning I will wear that flowered skirt..and thought it was a good idea"

using hand to face gestures while talking

open mouth thought - when she is in the middle of finishing a thought her lips open ever so slightly and she looks down her nose. this is when you don't add your two cents, you just wait for her to finish her thought

calls herself an aging hippie

doesn't leave home without her jewelry.

dangly earrings - usually silver

love for geneology and has traced not only her family, but her daughter-in-laws'

loves coke...well loved because she can't drink it now

killer Lobster Thermadore

always thinks one step ahead - she is so great at thinking about how to make things better - even if it is trivial

giving - she is the most giving person I know - not only monetary, but emotionally

travel - she love (d) to travel. we sent her to Ireland in 2005 and she loved it. she got to see family that she still has over there.

crocheting - even though she says she does it backwards. she crocheted little blankets for the children in the cancer ward...again, thinking of others before herself. she said why should I complain when these children haven't even been able to live life and have this horrible disease.

pool, ocean, lake...she loves water

Catholic - and was always up-to-date on what the church was doing

loves politics

feminist to a point - men should treat women a certain way - she partially thinks all men are dogs....

manis and pedis - she took me to get my first pedi and pretty much all of them in between. those times were so much fun. for Corinna's wedding she took Nic and I get mani/pedi and our hair done - it was such a great day. of course - then I drank too much....stupid me

my daughter looks just like her - I call her "little Sheilah"

I will think of more....but this is what I have off the top of my head.

No comments: