Pages

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Keeping baby clean

I have a baby that doesn't puke, spit up or drool too awfully bad, but keeping her clean is a constant job. Miss P is only 8 months old, so it isn't like she is out making dirt pies and eating mud...so why is it such a chore?

I was so embarressed taking her to the pediatrician the other day. She had been sick with a terrible cold and I needed to be sure she wasn't getting an ear infection. I didn't change her clothes before we left because I wanted her to be comfortable and warm in her sleeper. Well, when we got in the examining room I noticed the front of her sleeper was filthy. It had snot, food and medicine smears that I didn't even notice when we left the house! She was a mess. And, in that lighting I could see all the dried snot on her face that I didn't get when I washed her face. To add insult to injury the doctor put the little ear thingy in her ear to check for infection and he had to wipe all of the wax off the doohicky before he could see anything!aahhh! I thought I'd fall off the seat.

Then to top it off he had opened the sleeper to listen to her lungs. I am sure he is used to it, but watching him unsnap that germy, dirty sleeper front made me so uncomfortable. He probably thought we lived in a barn!

So, now after ever bath I wipe her ears out and make sure I got everything off her little face. I just didn't realize that babyfood and snot is like super glue when it hits the skin. ewwe.

No comments: