Pages

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy happy joy joy

It is hard to believe that 2006 is over. Many things have happened over the year which brought us much joy, but along with the happiness was sadness. And, that is okay – it’s life!

We were blessed last year with a healthy beautiful baby girl. She is the light of my life and makes my heart flutter when I think about her. She is such a special gift from God and I thank Him as often as I can for her presence in my life. Hubby and I are so lucky. She makes us smile, laugh and pull our hair out everyday. How could I have ever thought I didn’t want children?? I actually can’t wait to have #2. I could keep gushing over her, but I want to get on with my post.

I do, however, want to mention some of the things she is doing right now:
-She says: mamamama, dadada, brabrabrabra, vroom
-Blows spit bubbles and vibrates her lips together
-She eats 3 meals a day. She hates peas and green beans. She’ll eat peas if I put applesauce on the spoon with them but she will not eat green beans. Hey, the girl is eating spinach so what more can I ask? She also only likes rice cereal, unless it is oatmeal or barley in baby food.
-She sits like a champ, and rolls over ONLY when she feels like it
-She is standing well with support. I lowered her bed because my sis-in-law mentioned I should lower it because Miss P may be pulling herself up very soon. It would really suck if she pulled herself up in bed and flipped over the edge.
-She hands you her toys like she is sharing them. She looks at you like she wants you to take it. I always take it and say thank you and tell her how much I love it. Haha!

My brother and his wife had a baby girl in August. She is just as precious as the older three. I can’t believe my brother has four….yes, FOUR children. He always wanted a big family, though. I think the youngest boy is having a hard time finding where he fits in. I think he was the baby and got a lot of attention and now he has to share with the new baby. He is very good with his sister, but you can tell by his orneriness that he is trying to adjust.

My dad was diagnosed in June with cardio myopathy. He was dealing with it for a while and we didn’t even know it. We thought it was asthma, but some very good observations by my mom and sharing those observations with the doctor saved his life. He wasn’t able to increase the Coreg he was taking so he had to get a defibrillator put in. He was going to wait until January but luckily he had it put in 6 days before Christmas because 3 days before Christmas he had 2 heart attacks….and that device saved his life.

My mother-in-law has been dealing with ovarian cancer for over 6 years. This year her health has really declined because of all of the chemo. It is awful that the treatment is worse than the disease, but if it wasn’t for the chemo and the clinical trials she was a part of she wouldn’t be here with us today. We are very blessed to have her with us. I feel so sad that she is so far away and in bad health. Right now she is in the hospital for dehydration. She has been having trouble eating – basically really bad heartburn and now she is having trouble even keeping food down. This is one strong woman and quite a fighter. She is one of the best people I know.

My husband, last but certainly not least, got a terrific job. He is working for a Fortune 500 company as their Internet and Brand Manager. He actually got a higher title and a nice raise after only two months of working there. He is a good man Charlie Brown. He is an amazing individual and to think my daughter will get some of his qualities makes me ecstatic. He is my best friend and confidant. I don’t know what I would do without him.

Happy New Year 2007. I’ll be thinking about my resolutions today…I prefer to call them goals or life changes. Have a happy and a healthy.

No comments: