Last night I went to dinner with a couple of friends. Hubby came home early so he could watch Miss P and feed her dinner so I could hit the road. I was excited because I hadn't seen my friend Beth in a while and I wanted to hear about her trip to the Keys...plus I was craving a calzone and a glass of red wine.
Anyhow, dinner was great. We talked about the place we both used to work and all the gossip. Turns out there are a lot of new things going on at the old place of employment. Of course, all weird, psycho things that make me cringe thinking I could have EVER worked there. Such as, berating an employee for not meeting deadlines that he can only meet if he is given the material and direction from the higher up, and the higher up sucks as a manager and can't get her shit together to even meet HER deadlines much less help out her subordinate. Or...moving a person into an entirely new position without even discussing it with them first. Strange with a capital S I tell ya. The list could go on, but why bother? I just gave them too much energy just writing this much about them.
We also talked about the glorious weather in Florida and the fun time my friend has snorkling, kayaking and just hanging out. I was so jealous because the weather here is such a nightmare. I heard someone from Britain speaking on NPR about how Brits can be cranky even with their own friends because of the constant drizzle. Well, I feel the same way about Ohio. Ohio weather is no fun.
Well, dinner ended and it was time for me to go home. I was excited to see my little girl's smiling face and her whine for me to come pick her up. I mean, she obviously missed me, right? She obviously could barely get by without me, right? She couldn't possibly go to sleep without kissing her mommy goodnight or her night nurse, right? Well, no, not right, not correct. I got in the house and there was hubby eating dinner and I asked where P was. He said she was asleep. WHAT?! ASLEEP?! She can't possibly be doing that. She is supposed to be missing me, kissing me, and having me nurse her to sleep.
So, I marched my butt upstairs to see what? Nothing but my darling angel fast alseep. I just stood there and listened to her breath for a while...long enough for hubby to scold me telling me I was going to wake her up. I was sad thinking how perfect their night was without me. Then the morning came.
I went in to bid her good morning and we cuddled our morning cuddle. I then took her in for her morning diaper change when low and behold there was a nice big turd and diaper rash so red I could see it flaming in the dark. Could it be possible that the perfect little night P had with daddy ended with daddy putting her to bed with poopy pants?
No comments:
Post a Comment