I am writing this mainly because I don't want to forget these moments, and partially because I am just a damn proud mama. Yesterday was Miss P's final swim class, and like any other day we changed after class in the locker room. The locker room is always crammed after swimming classes end with wet toddlers and babies whose mamas are changing them into their dry day clothes. Well, as I was gathering up our wet suits and towels a woman stopped and just stared at Miss P. There were tons of other babies there, but something about my daughter caught her eye.
She said, "your baby is so beautiful; I can't get over what a lovely little girl she is." I just beamed and said thank you. We continued to have a nice conversation and as we began to part ways the woman looked at Miss P and said again that she thought she was just a gorgeous little baby. I was so proud and overjoyed that someone was that thoughtful to stop us and oogle over the love of my life.
And, this isn't the first time I have been stopped. Many times I have had people comment on what a beautiful baby Miss P is, and I am always graciously accepting of the compliments. But, there is another time I remember vividly. I was shopping at Giant Eagle and had Miss P in the Bjorn. An older gentleman stopped me while I was looking at black beans and gushed at Miss P and me and told me that she was one of the most beautiful babies he had ever seen. Compliments just kept pouring out of his mouth. He even grabbed his wife and told her she had to see "this" baby. I was so embarressed, but also quietly enjoying the attention my baby was getting. I actually loved it...
I loved it mainly because I am so thankful that I have been blessed with a beautiful child. Not because of her outer beauty, but because of the joy and love she has brought to hubby and me. She is truly a lovely little baby when you just gaze upon her, but more importantly, I can tell what a lovely little personality she is going to have and how loving she has portrayed she will be from the inside. I just adore her and look forward to the day when she is able to read and understand this post.
No comments:
Post a Comment