Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Scooter

Miss P is scooting all over the place and needs to be watched like a hawk. Yesterday, I left her in the living room playing with her toys and a dreaded Einstein video (not a fan of her glued to the TV set) so I could make dinner. Well, the next thing I heard was a hard bonk on the floor, and ran around the corner of the kitchen to a screaming baby that just did a face plant on the hard tile floor. I felt so bad because she was scooting to see me and I wasn't watching her.

Earlier that day we were at baby playtime and she face planted the floor and a toy, so she already had a red mark on her cheek! I guess I have to get used to it. I know she needs to learn to get around and part of that means hurting herself as she learns her body's boundaries. As she learns she can get around, she has also become more demanding of me and my time. She is learning what to say and how to act to get me to pay attention to her, play with her or feed her. It is pretty cool to see her grow and express her emotions, needs and little desires. I am so happy I get to stay home with her to see these changes first hand and not hear about them from a daycare provider.

Loki and Piper are better with her. Well, Piper steers clear of her, but Loki is excited that she can finally play with her! It is really cute. Hopefully, Loki won't get pissed and take a chunk out of her.

No comments: