Only a mother can get all goobelly goo over their child feeding themselves for the first time or doing something that you only showed them once how to do. It is incredible the things I get mushy about that Miss P does, or even doesn't do.
A few weeks ago P grabbed her baby's hairbrush (yes, the baby doll came with a hair brush...go figure) and started brushing her hair with it. I couldn't believe it! We just started brushing her hair after her baths. Her hair would be totally crazy messy from the towel drying and it had to be tamed. I had only brushed her hair twice before she picked up the little orange plastic toy brush and did it herself. Of course, my child IS a genious.
BUT, so now she could brush her own hair, but she couldn't feed herself. Well... until two days ago.
She had been trying to get food in her mouth for a couple of weeks, but kind of stopped trying after endless attempts gone wrong. Then just the other day she picked up a Cheerio and put it right in her mouth. I went overboard with excitement and she did it again. Again...my child is a genious.
Later that day she sat down with our Gerber Sweet Potato puffs and ended up eating the whole container...well, between her and the dogs. She kept reaching in and grabbing handfuls, so I let her. It was too cute to stop. Plus, I wanted her to keep practicing. And believe it or not, that little thing still ate all of her dinner and nursed before bed. Mind you...she is only 17 lbs at 11 months and 29 inches. Tall and skinny with a hollow leg, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment