Pages

Monday, April 30, 2007

First Birthday

We had Miss P's first birthday party yesterday. It was such a blast! I can't believe how fast it went, though. boohoo.

We had a really busy weekend getting the house ready, and Saturday we had a garage sale that went pretty well. That helped get some of the crap out of here. After we got everything broken down from the sale we cleaned, mowed, planted, scrubbed, etc. The house is now very clean...except for laundry. I am hoping to keep up with it!!

Sunday we did a few last minute things in the morning which stressed me out. Nothing like trying to find a punch bowl one hour before the party. Why was a punch bowl so hard to find? I should have done it earlier, admitdly, but I was so busy with getting the house in order and doing my schoolwork. I was kind of hoping a punch bowl would just show up if I wiggled my nose and made a wish for one.

Miss P was absolutely adorable. She loved having everyone here and playing. She didn't cry except when I took her away from everyone to change her diaper. She looked like a little angel. Pretty much everyone showed up and hung out for a while. We had chicken and egg salads, veges, mac-n-cheese, beans and of course, cake and ice cream. I made sangria and this yummy punch with sherbert in it. Almost everything got eaten up, too!

The person who made the cake was a friend of my parent's. She made an extra little cake for Miss P. The baby didn't really know what to do with the cake and pretty much just played in the icing for a while. She didn't eat very much of it. My little sweetie - preferring veges over cake....yeah, right. I took her dress off so she could get as messy as she'd like. After the icing fest hubby and I put her in the bath. There was cake all in the tub - it was hysterical! She had icing in her hair, smeered on her face and I put an orange icing "P" on her chest signifying "Super P!"

Then we put her in her little dress her auntie D made for her. D made dresses for all the cousins!! They all matched and they all were adorable. My cousin Christina's little girl is only 2 months and looked so adorable in that little dress!! My friend Beth, a very special girl, took pics all day for me. She even had a dinner date and stayed to take pics of the girls in their matching dresses. I couldn't thank her enough!! I can't wait to see them all.

The pics I took aren't that great, but I did get some great moments. I was really busy hosting, and I don't know if I got to everyone, but I tried. I really just wanted to sit on my deck and drink the sangria I made.

We had a ton of people here - Grandma and Grandpa, Auntie D and Uncle P and the kids, Carol, Rick, Dee Dee (great aunts and uncles), Great Grandpa, Cousins Candyce and fam and Brett and fam, and a lot of our friends. Everyone made the day so incredibly special.

Now, I thought I would be sad that my baby was turning one. Like I would feel something was over. But really, I am not sad. I am so so happy to have P in my life and look at her first birthday as only the beginning of a wonderful life together. I have to say though, I did shed a couple of tears because I love her so damn much.

No comments: