So, what's up with my baby being a picky eater? I guess she takes after her mother. I have specific ways I'll eat things and where I will eat them - I'd never win on Fear Factor. I won't even eat the Fear Factor candy because it looks so gross...and I LOVE sugar.
This morning was a case in point. I made her oatmeal with whole milk and yummy apples and blueberries (fruit from a jar; I am not that good) and mixed it up really well. She hated it. So, then I blended it up together to get the "curd-like" texture out of the oatmeal. She hated it. I wanted to be sure she got her oats, so I thought and thought about what to do next. Then it came to me. Mix that mixture with yogurt and see if she'll eat. That was a winner! She ate two bowls full.
Breakfast ended up taking 45 minutes. haha! Anything to make her happy, I guess. I just want to make sure she eats. Now, that goes against what my pediatrician said. He basically suggested that if she doesn't eat what you present to her then she doesn't eat. He said I can't keep trying to make her happy because then it will be a game of trying to figure out what she wants every meal...for the next five years. To me, though, I need to figure out what she likes now so I know what to fix her and to make sure she actually eats. I have to admit, though, I can be a big push over. Oh well. I may end up going crazy later, but right now my baby is eating and that is most important to me. I've got the time when it comes to my darling daugher to make her happy, so I will.
No comments:
Post a Comment