Miss P is still screaming in her crib right now when she is supposed to be sleeping. We have been going through this for a week now during naps and when she is supposed to go to bed for the night. We read a few books and then rock - the ritual takes 45 minutes to one hour sometimes. It is getting crazy.
She will be fast asleep and as soon as I lay her down in her crib she wakes up and starts screaming. Then I let her scream until I can't take it anymore and I get her and rock her again. She falls fast asleep when I rock her, and then when I go to let her down she starts screaming again. Currently, she is beside herself and has been screaming for 15 minutes. It is so hard as her mom to hear her cry without going to her, but I have to let her cry and go to sleep.
For one, today she is exhausted. She needs a nap. Two, I have to finish my reading for class tonight - and I am so exhausted that if I wasn't reading I'd need a nap, too.
I guess I just have to play hardball and let her keep crying until she falls asleep. She at least will have to stay in her crib until I get my reading finished for class- her naptime is the only time I get to myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment