Pages

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Woohoo!

My darling P actually asked to eat broccoli! She kept shoving it in her mouth and asking for more and more of it. I can't express how awesome this is - quite a triumphant day in the land of baby. I have been trying for months to hide veges or put cheese on them or cut them up into cute little matchsticks, eat them in front of her....anything to get her to eat her veges. I gave up and just fed her extra fruit or mixed baby sweet potatoes with applesauce so she'd get something in her.

Oh the things that make me happy nowadays.

A little update on Ethan - he had his two week appointment on Tuesday. I took him in at 10 days since hubby was still home with me at that point. He gained 12 ounces, weighing in at 7 pounds 12 ounces and grew 3/4 of an inch making him 21 and 3/4 inches long. It is kind of crazy that he grew that much - especially when I compare him to Peyton. She grew long and lean at a pretty average rate.

I am not surprised that Ethan grew that much when I think of how much he eats. My boobs don't really get a break. It is totally different breastfeeding him compared to Peyton. She was really hard to get latched on in the beginning and we had a TON of problems, but I ended up bfeeding her for 13 months. Now, he latched like a champ, I have plenty of milk for him and am hoping he will bfeed for as long as she did, or longer. P weaned herself, and I have heard of many boy babies weaning themselves when they start eating solid foods. I hope that doesn't happen...we'll see! I can't worry about those things...needless.

No comments: