It is amazing how life changes when you have one child much less two children. Your relationships change with your family members and your friends. I have found I have grown apart from my single/child-free friends and closer to my family members who have children. I also have made a lot of friends through my mommies group and child centered activities. It is really fun and I have to say, some of the friends I am making now are amazing people and I am so fortunate to have met them. On the flip side of the coin is how disappointed I am in some other people in my life. It is amazing how some people don't seem like they really care what is going on in my life. They don't check in to see how Ethan or Peyton are or how Shane and I are doing. It is kind of sad. I guess my expectations were far too high.
Anyhow, now that I got that off my chest. My little man had gained yet another pound in a week. He is 11 pounds 14 ounces today. I laughed when I saw the number. He is just a little growing boy! Officially half of Peyton's weight at 6 weeks old. Peyton is almost 2! hahaha!
Peyton is quite the talker. She seems older than 22 months because she can talk so much and knows so much. She can point out her name, she knows a lot of letters in the alphabet, most of her colors, makes up her own little songs and dances like a crazy woman. I can't believe how much she has grown! She has also shown that she may be developmentally ready for potty training. She has been doing the things that prove she is ready - but, I am not ready!! I really do need to buy a potty chair for her. I think I am just going to get the seat that fits on the toilet instead of a chair. We'll see how that goes first. I have a feeling she'll like that better than using her own chair, but who knows! I bought a book about little girls going to the potty and she loves pressing the button that makes the toilet flushing sound. It is hysterical - she dances to it like it is music.
1 comment:
I agree the potty seat works good and is less "clean up". Good Luck...
Denise
Post a Comment