Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Oh my children

Yesterday I went to the mall play area with my mom, Aunt, Cousin and her kids. P had so much fun. Before we headed down to play we had lunch. P was very happy to munch on cheese pizza and have juice. I think that is her favorite meal...probably because she loves it and doesn't get to eat it that often. After lunch we gathered the troops and went to the play area that is full of squishy animals and slides to climb all over. It is a big enough area, too, for little ones to run around like mad people.

Peyton made some new friends that were about 5 times her age. These cute girls about age 11 were just smitten with P. They played with her and talked to her. P just loved the attention. My mom was watching P and when I came over to check on them my mom said to just watch what was going on. It was tremendously cute to see P interact with them and visa versa. P would run around and play and just watch to see if they were behind her. I wish they were a bit older and I would have asked if they could babysit sometime. ha! Baby E slept most of the time. That was a good thing because when he woke up he had to get his diaper changed about three times and nursed once, and I should have nursed him before we left, too. Other than needing to be fed and changed he was very good. He didn't start crying until we were about to leave. It was nice to know I can take him out for they day with little hassle.

Now, if it was P as a baby it would have been a hassle to me. The only reason being that I was SO uncomfortable nursing in public with her. I wouldn't do it, and if I had to I would freak out a bit. She wouldn't take a bottle after 3 months, so I had to nurse her for all of her feedings. With Ethan I don't have any issues nursing him in public. I mean, he needs to eat and I try to be discreet. Now, if I had some dude sitting next to me I probably wouldn't do it, but I don't really go anywhere that I would have to worry about sitting next to a strange man. My friend Susan just let me borrow a couple of nursing shirts. I am syked to try them out. I also bought the Bella Band, which has worked out fabulously. It is just a band that you wear to keep your maternity pants up and postpartum works as a "cover-up" for that skin area when you have to lift your shirt to feed the baby. Now, as my mommies group has discussed - it is absolutely not okay to expose your belly when you nurse. Heaven forbid someone see your once prego flab, but your boobs...oh well, who cares. ha! Cracks me up!! You'd think we were all on the Girls Gone Wild videos exposing our breasts at sometime or another. Really, we just want to give our babies good mama's milk and we don't care who gets a glimpse of the nip.

No comments: