Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Books

I hope my child's love of books continues through school and life. She just loves them. It is wonderful for me to watch because I love books, too, and I love to read to her. The funny thing is that since she is so little she likes to read the same books over and over again. I have heard that toddlers like to do that, but whew - it is seriously true. She loves Go Dog Go, and Old Macdonald farm book we have, another farm book that has peek-a-boo animals and of course, Miss Spider. She also loves any peek-a-boo book, Dora books, numbers books and books that show pictures of real things. I spoke with my local librarian and she suggested non-fiction books about animals. Many of the books have short sentences similar to how board books are written.

The passed few nights she has even fallen asleep with a book in her arms like a lovie. I tried to take it away but she'd wake up crying for it. So, I just let her go to bed with the book. The next morning I have no idea when she woke up because I just heard her "reading" in her crib. Whenever I have her come upstairs with me she heads straight for her room and sits down with her books. She pulls them all out so they are surrounding her and she just goes from picture to picture, book to book.

At storytime yesterday a mother commented on how attentive P was while the librarian read her a book. She asked her age and couldn't believe it. She said her child just runs around like crazy with no focus - I said, well, that is what we did this morning, she must just be tired out! haha.

No comments: