P's music lessons have started again. They took a hiatus in August until September 10, and we really missed going! P has so much fun and I think she is learning many new things that I could have never taught her at home.
It is funny. Everytime I tell people my 16 month old is in music class they immediately respond with, "what do they do, pluck the violin or something?" or some silly comment like that. Actually, they are playing Mozart on the baby piano and singing Faust's opera all while dancing a small rendition of Swan Lake. Okay, okay, so I get a little tired of that comment. Really, though, it a great thing for babies/children.
The class size is about 20 mothers and their children. We sing songs, play bouncing games, do movement activities and they get to play with instruments like bells and shaky eggs. It is a terrific way to get them to learn rythm, rhyming, sounds, letters, and understand the difference between walking, running and going in circles vs. just dancing around feeling the music. I love it, and P really loves it.
After class the music teacher always gives them what she refers to as "La-Las." A La-La is a stamp with musical notes that she puts on the back of each of their tiny hands. P refers to her La-La the rest of the day. So cute. Anyhow, Friday the teacher told me that P makes her day. She said she just brightens up her whole morning because when she looks at her P is always making a cute face or interacting with her as she teaches. The teacher said she just adores her. It was a very proud moment for me. I was so tickled she recognized my darling P out of all the other children. It made MY whole day...well, my whole weekend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment