I often wonder if my darling P has the perfect sense of timing or if it is a coincidence. It seems as if everytime I am in a situation where it is next to impossible for me to lean over and pick something up, that is the time when the sippy cup is thrown, the lovie falls to the ground, the snack is cried for or she lets the dog out the front door to run into the street. It is almost comical at times.
For instance, today I have all of our things gathered to go to storytime: my purse, her sippy, a snack for after, overdue books and my child in my arms. I am ready to get out the door and realize the diaper needs changed. Can't have a baby in a stinky diaper and even fathom changing a toddler's poopy pants in the library....ewe. So, she is changed, all the things gathered up and now we are just going to make it. I am getting everything situated in my arms to unlock the door and the sippy gets thrown across the room. Of course, if I don't get it she will cry for it and then want a drink keeping us from running errands after storytime. So, I put some things down and go pick up the sippy. Get everything gathered - again - and open the door and darn it if the car seat isn't sitting on the front porch. I put the seat in my mom's car last night while she watched her. I forgot to put it back in after class.
So, I have to put everything down again. Make sure P doesn't run for the road and proceed to quickly, yet safely, put the seat in the car. Finally, I think, I am off. Put the books in the car, purse in the car, seat in the car, chase down child and put her in the seat and remember I forgot my cell phone. Luckily, all I had to do was take the keys out of the ignition, run inside and take the phone off the charger. I prefer to keep the phone with me when I am driving places in case something happens....especially with a baby in the car.
Now, we are off to storytime. It was only 10am and I was ready for a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment