It is so hard to keep a constant eye on P. She is so fast and sometimes she gets around a corner and falls before I even have a chance to run after her. Then it breaks my heart to think my baby has a hurt knee or bumped her head. I guess that is part of being a parent - taking the hard knocks with your kids, just in an "emotional" way.
I want her to explore and learn about her surroundings and her limitations, but sometimes it seems like a terrible idea because that means letting go. It also means keeping constant watch on her. I am trying to figure out how to manage making dinner or cleaning with her running around. I don't know how people do it. I have her blocked off from the stairs and she really only has the living room and kitchen to run around in, but I can't see her in the living room if I am in the kitchen. I don't like that. So, lately I have been "Tivoing" Sesame Street and showing it to her when I am cooking, but that opens the whole TV argument in my household. I really don't like her watching any TV since she is only a year and half. When she watches Sesame Street she is glued to it, and it scares me to think I am raising her to be a boob tube junkie.
It is horrible when I take her shopping with me. I tried to go to a craft store to get stuff for a Halloween party I am having and did nothing but chase after her and tell her "No touch." She definitely needs to be left at home when I am trying to get things done - unless I can put her in a cart. Maybe I just stick her in her stroller when I go places - but then she cries and cries. It is kind of funny to think these are my obstacles right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment