Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Mother of the Year 2007

Some of my nominations have been pulled for the Mother of the Year 2007...and if anyone gets offended I'd like to apologize right up front. But, I hope you know it is just in good fun.

1st nomination: Denise
Why: She bought a leash for her one-year-old and lets her play with pencils and eat dirt.

2nd nomination: Mary
Why: She feeds her one-year-old chicken sausage everyday and lets him play with kids at school that are twice his age.

3rd nomination: Candyce
Why: from what I understand her children aren't as "disciplined" as they should be because mommy lets them explore. Explore for a child? For shame

4th nomination: Nedi
Why: she actually had the nerve to put her child in a wonderful daycare while she went back to work. Moms working? What the heck, aren't we all supposed to stay locked up in the house doing laundry and changing diapers?

5th nomination: Corinna
Why: she actually needs a walk when hubby gets home after spending all day with a 2 and 1/2 year old and a 5 month old. A mommy shouldn't have to need a break!

6th nomination: Susan
Why: she just watched as her one-year-old took a tumble because she lost footing. She didn't use her super powers to grab the baby before she hit the floor. What the heck? Babies are supposed to be in our arms at all times or watched 24/7 with an eagle eye.

7th nomination: me
Why: my child ate a WHOLE grape on a toothpick at Whole Foods and fell down the stairs twice in a month.

I guess Mommy of the Year 2007 will just have to go to someone I don't even know, because all of the mommies I know have blundered....at least once this year. shame on us.\

No comments: