Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Halloween Party


"Peyton" threw a Halloween party for all of her friends this passed Sunday. The weather was perfect and we were able to do everything outside, which was really nice. All of us agreed we need to take advantage of the days we have left before it gets dreadfully cold.

My mom helped me get ready for the party. Since she is a first grade teacher she helped create all the games, and they went over really well...even with the children two and under sans two girls. I read the book "Go Away Big Green Monster" and then we played pin the mouth on the monster. Mom and I bought posterboard and drew the monster without a mouth. Each kid then got their own mouth to put on the face - of course, the only child that got the mouth right was 4. The rest really didn't get the concept, but it was cute helping them out and seeing what they did with the mouth. Most of them put it in their own mouth. We also played toss the bean bag in the bucket, but only a couple of kids did it because the rest were more interested in sticks or food. Some of them made little pumpkin heads out of Foameez and some of them were only interested in playing.

My girl happened to love to take away her cousin's lollipop and proceed to finish it off. By the end she was covered in sugary goo and random grass and dirt particles.

I had the place decorated in a kid-friendly way...meaning nothing breakable or within reach that I didn't want destroyed, nothing too scary that would make the children upset and stayed away from things that were just crappy Halloween decorations for the heck of it (streamers, balloons, cheesy lights, etc.).

I was a kitty cat and still scared P. She wouldn't come to me pretty much the whole party because the poorly painted on whiskers made her uncomfortable. I felt absolutely huge and really want to take advantage of all the candy that is left, but I know it will just go to the baby and my thighs, so I have to resist temptation.

No comments: