Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Staying home

Last night I was telling hubby about Miss P and I's day. He commented on the fact that he was so happy I was staying home with her because I got to really get to know her and be there to keep her feeling safe, loved and understood...basically. He said that there is no way he knows her as well as I do and that sometimes it makes him a little envious. I totally understand that and try to help him along when he needs it. For instance, what she wants. I can pretty much understand when she asks for something and what she wants. Hubby has no clue, generally, and luckily I can help him decode what she is saying.

I feel incredibly lucky to be able to stay home with my darling daughter and son-to-be. Actually, I couldn't imagine going to work and leaving her everyday. It would really rip me apart and I think I'd be an emotional wreck. Jeez, leaving her at the gym for an hour in the playroom breaks my heart - and she LOVES it. Seeing her okay makes me okay, though. I don't plan on staying home forever, and am glad I have a plan for a teaching career. I couldn't imagine going back to work in PR, unless it is just a freelance gig, but going to be a teacher is exciting...plus the hours will be great in regards to having kids.

No comments: