I received a call from my doc's office about my glucose test. Seems my levels are elevated and I have to go in for a second screening to determine if I have gestational diabetes. I guess it is standard procedure. I wish I knew the stats on how many women actually have gd from going in for a second screening but I can't find that information. Of course, I am a little apprehensive about the test since I may just have gd. But, it is totally manageable with a certain diet...and would explain how I have been feeling.
I have had a few almost passing out episodes. Three times at the gym and about two or three times just running errands. This was after eating, too, which struck me as odd. With P I almost passed out a couple of times but I hadn't eaten anything, which totally made sense. The last time it happened I had just rode the bike for 30 minutes - seriously nothing major. As soon as I got up and walked around a bit I knew I was about to pass out. I went downstairs and drank an OJ. I waited for about 20 minutes before I could even stand. I was so scared about getting P and driving home, just hoping I would be okay behind the wheel. That time it really scared me because it was worse than the few times before. Lately, too, I have just been feeling ill. Even if I don't have it I am going to change my diet. Whatever I am doing I am not doing justice to my body. I think that means cutting my sugar and carb intake down.
My cousin had gd. She said that the test is a little over three hours. You have to drink a heavier dosage of glucola after fasting for 12 hours, take a blood test an hour later, drink another glucola, take another blood test after an hour and then drink a ThIRD glucola and get blood drawn again. She said try not to throw up after the second because you'll have to retake the test another time. Ugh. Hubby took work off in the morning to watch P. I really need to make this a one shot deal. Just thinking about drinking that much of that orange crap churns my stomach. Oh well - thousands of women have done it and survived it.
1 comment:
My sis and Aunt Julie both had GD. Stay away from the OJ. I am pretty sure GD is a result of too much sugar in the blood, not, not enough.
D
Post a Comment