I was at the gym today and almost started crying. I think I am just having an emotional day. The new song by Pink (can't remember the title) got me thinking about growing up and about how my mom stopped holding me years ago...and how I am not ready to give up carrying Miss P around or holding her and kissing her little face.
Thinking about having another baby that will interfere with the time I spend with Miss P is breaking my heart. I hear that you love the second one just as much as the first one, but at this point I can't see how that is possible. I just don't have the same feelings about having this baby as I did when I was pregnant with P. Everyone assures me it is normal and when he arrives I'll be just as in love with him as I was/am with P. Part of it is that it is a boy and I don't know how to connect with a boy since I have a girl. I have also heard that you end up expecting much more out of the oldest child since they will seem so much older to you. I can't imagine that to be true, either....I mean, P won't even be 2 years old!!
Hopefully this child will be a good baby and easily fit into our lives. I hope he doesn't end up taking a ton of time because of being a needy baby and P loses out. I also hope that hubby really steps up and doesn't do things with/for the baby or P just when I ask or just when he feels like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment