If, and that can be a big IF, P falls asleep when I rock her she sleeps for a couple of hours and all is peaceful. If, and this is another big IF, we are out and about and she falls asleep in the car I can get her into her crib and she'll sleep for a few hours. But, if she has a day when she doesn't want to nap...well, it can be an event.
Today was a non-napping day. She is currently in her nursery crying her little eyes out and it is breaking my heart. It all starts right before lunch:
12:15: Elmo's World
12:30: turn off Elmo and put into high chair, whines a bit because she still wants to see Elmo. obviously getting tired
1:15: finish lunch, clean up, P plays
1:30-1:45: mommy tells P we are going up for a nap. We play a little longer and she obviously is fighting going up for a nap. She now objects when I say "naptime" with a little whine and a face that says "no, please, not really now?!"
1:30ish - 1:50: go upstairs to rocker and read 3 - 4 books
Mommy says it is naptime
1:50: P plays with mommy's hair, earrings, teeth
Mommy says it is naptime
2:00: claps and yells for the dogs, throw arms in air like riding a rollercoaster and squeals. Mommy says it is naptime
2:10 - 2:15: lays head on mommy's shoulder - could this be the sleep rolling in?!!!!
2:15: laughs, lifts head, says hello to the pictures, claps for dogs
Mommy says it is naptime
2:20: mommy leaves the room and she cries and cries
2:23: mommy comes back in and says it is naptime, but gets sucked into rocking for a bit longer
2:30: mommy puts baby back in crib and just lets her cry
Mommy says nigh, nigh and it is naptime
3:00: still crying
Now, why do I keep listening? I don't know - it makes me eat chocolate...well, the baby craves the chocolate, but I emotionally eat, so hearing her cry and being stressed about all I have do lately makes me eat chocolate even when I am just cravng it.
No comments:
Post a Comment