P got her first real haircut today! I wanted to get it cut for her Christmas pictures and knew there was no way I could do it. After all, I already butchered it once or twice and regretted how silly she looked. So, I decided to leave it up to the professionals.
We went to this little kids salon and she got right in. I did the "1st Haircut Special," which included a picture, a lock of hair and a little certificate stating how it was her first haircut. She sat, well stood, in a little black car and there was a Little Einstein video playing to keep her busy. She wasn't very happy about the whole thing but she did really, really well. The woman that cut her hair was great and knew how to keep her occupied as she trimmed and evened out the mess I had made a while back. It was a really great experience and I will definitely go back to them.
I can't even write how cute it was to see P in that little pink smock getting her cut. The woman even put mousse in and sprayed it so it looked cute for her 1st picture. Oh my, I was such "that" beaming mom. Then the best part - P got a sucker and a balloon. We left the balloon because that just ends up laying in my car for two weeks, but the sucker ended up being a real winner. I think knowing she'll get a Dum Dum after a haircut will make it easier next time around.
Also, I know where to get my bows for her hair. They carry Wee Ones, and a ton of them. I picked up a Christmas bow for the Christmas parties we are invited to and one for her pictures. I am so excited! Oh the little things.
No comments:
Post a Comment