Pages

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Trick-or-treat




Last night was the first time P went trick-or-treating. She had fun walking around and looking at all the costumes, but she did not like going up to a stranger and saying "trick or treat." She pretty much cried for me the whole time. I assume that is pretty overwhelming for a one and a half year old. We went to my cousin's house because she has a great neighborhood, had dinner and then the kids watched The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

There were kids crawling everywhere when we drove up. As a matter of fact, one kid just ran in front of my mom's car. Hubby said it was "their" night and adults were just candy suppliers. haha. The houses were all decorated and some people went all out. There was group of neighbors that decorated their garage and it was incredible...and incredibly scary. I couldn't even walk up there much less take P up there. I am still pretty afraid of people in scary masks - nope, still haven't grown out of that one.

We only went to a few houses so she could experience the whole thing. I didn't let her have any candy, though - I am such a meanie. She didn't ask for it, either. Today she got her little bucket out and played with her candy. I don't think she knows she can actually eat what is in the wrappers. Next year I am sure it will be a different story.

She was a little bug and carried her Miss Spider Halloween bucket her Nana got her before she was born. I was having more fun watching her in her little costume than anything. When we got back to my cousin's she just played and talked about "monster story," a book called The Big Green Monster she likes to read.






No comments: