Pages

Monday, November 05, 2007

Talking

P cracks me up. She is getting so good at telling me what she wants in an understandable way. She is already putting sentences together. She tells me:

"want applesauce"
"I want to see Piper"
"are you sleepy"
"until I say so" which is from a book and she likes the words
"I want more apple" "I want a cookie" "I want a bowl"
"pile of leaves"

It is crazy to think that last year at this time she was just sitting on the floor with the boppy for support. Now she is kicking a ball, talking, climbing the stairs, pretend playing, petting the dogs "nice."

Oh - yesterday she put her bears in a row and grabbed a play spoon and hollow blocks from her toybox. She pretended she was feeding the bears with the noises of eating, the hollow blocks as bowls and feeding them with the spoon. I just sat and watched her. I was laughing inside but I was also amazed at her ability to do that. She seems so little to be doing such things.

Today at her See Me Run class we made a tamborine and she was pulling stickers off the sheet and putting them on her little plate. I couldn't believe it - that seems like a thing an older child should be doing. But, I guess like everyone says...they grow up fast. She played a lot in class, but I think she was a bit overwhelmed by all the big toys and the other kids. It was obviously fun for her and I expect next week she will tear into everything.

No comments: