I received my test results yesterday from my glucose screening. My results were normal! So, I am not going to have to change my diet and freak out over if the baby is okay - even though I know GD is totally manageable and babies are fine. My mind just always jumps ahead to the "what ifs" and I worry when it is not neccessary.
I am happy I won't have to be under pressure to not eat sugar and carbs during the holidays. Like many others, holiday goodies are my favorite. It is just going to be a matter of keeping control of my eating. I already changed my eating habits when I thought I had GD and I plan to keep that up. I was kind of out of control and was justifying it by saying I was pregnant with a boy and boys eat a lot. Yeah, who was I kidding...certainly not the fat accumulating on my butt.
Another thing in my favor is that I am in my third trimester. It is hard to eat a lot when you have no room in your stomach to put the food since the baby is taking up all the space. Plus, I am too tired to cook all the time. The muffins and cookies I usually make just seem like too much work, and I don't typically buy pre-made cookies (mainly because I'll eat them all in like 3 days). I have a serious sugar addiction and it can get out of control unless I am strict with myself.
Another thing that is all good is P's ability to be fine at the sitter's all day. I dropped P off for the first time to an all day babysitter. It was much more difficult on me than her, that's for sure. When I left she just waved bye-bye and turned to the sitter as if to say "I am ready to play!" I cried for like 15 minutes and then got over it. Women have to do it everyday and they are just fine, and so are their children. When I picked her up the sitter went on and on about what a good girl she was and how she was really smart. I guess P was enamoring her with her extensive vocabulary and ability to tell adults exactly what she wants and how she follows directions really well for being 18 months. haah! Wonder where she got that from...hmmm....perplexing.
No comments:
Post a Comment